07 November 2008

Rest

In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.  Psalm 4:8

I don't often have trouble sleeping, but when I do, I pray that God will bring this verse to my mind.  How wonderful that we have a God in whom we can completely trust and rest, even physically.  I pray that God will help me to live this before Isaiah, that He will help me to have a calm spirit even in the midst of difficult times.  I pray that even should I not be able to sleep, that those wakeful hours would be spent in prayer to Him for guidance or forgiveness or seeking wisdom.

2 comments:

  1. CristyLynn,
    From Brazil a friendly hello with my best wishes:
    Geraldo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete