10 March 2008

The Davis Family

This post is a mix of prayer and praise.  A few months ago I had the privilege of receiving an email from a lady in a church that supports us in CA.  We have never been to this church nor met anyone in the church face-to-face.  The elders became interested in Thomas' satire blog, and that's how the relationship got started.

Anyway.  Heather emailed me introducing herself and opening the door for us to get to know each other.  She directed me to her blog, which I enjoyed reading very much.  I learned about her family, about her husband and their 6 children.  I appreciated her honesty about herself and her relationship with her family and with God.

More recently I've had the opportunity to know her in a different way, still on her blog, but to see her heart in a new way.  Heather's husband of 20 years died rather unexpectedly several weeks ago.  Now on her blog, Heather shares the struggles of her heart.

We pray for Heather and her family every day, morning and evening.  We pray for Heather as she has to figure out the best way to financially care for the family, to keep on going when her heart is breaking, to grow and change.  We pray for the kids who have lost their daddy, the girls who will not have him to walk them down the aisle; the boys who will not have him to teach them how to fix things.

We know that God will take care of this family.  We look forward to watching Him provide and rejoicing with them, but we also know that this new direction He has given them will not be easy.  Their blog is listed on the left where I plan on putting more "long-term" prayer requests.  Please feel free to visit Heather online.  I know that you will learn from her as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment