10 March 2008

Silas S

Some fellow missionaries were blessed with the birth of their second child, Silas.  He came a little early and had some problems after birth that kept him in the hospital for quite a while.  He still has some difficulty with breathing and becoming easily congested, which then requires his parents to "suction" out all the gunk.

Today (Monday) he is going to a neurologist for an in-depth evaluation.  His parents have (I think) incorrectly been given an opinion about their son that really seems untrue considering what Silas is able to do now.  I am praying for this appointment to be an encouragement to them in several ways.  I hope that the doctor gives a very positive report of Silas' current abilities and prognosis.  I hope that his parents are encouraged that they are doing well for their son, providing learning opportunities and helping him develop well (because I'm sure that they are!).  I'm praying that their love for Silas will be a testimony to doctors and nurses and therapists who I'm sure have seen plenty of parents who aren't as careful or concerned or loving.  I pray that those professionals will then be open to listening to Silas' parents explain why they love their son so much!  And before he can even speak, Silas can be a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment